(click on the play button to listen to a personal message from Chef Jocelyn!)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What Is Gourmet Soul?



Its not fully a southern style nor is it completely a classical style of cooking, its more of a home grown fusion derived from my love of wholesome, home cooked foods and my desire to show people another way to prepare the foods they enjoy…

It’s my belief that some of our childhood experiences, make us who we are… my experiences include growing up eating freshly caught fish, homemade chow-chow, and vegetables we grew in our own backyard garden…

We use some of those experiences later in life to build on… My fusion was cultivated when I had to prepare foods for myself and other people with health issues. It was my goal to modifying favorite recipes with out compromising taste. My fusion was born out of my kitchen to nurture the soul.

It has been a life dream to have a place where people could come and eat, and eat well as if they were coming into the kitchen of someone they know.

This style, my style, my fusion was informally labeled gourmet soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment